I think parents should stop putting their children names as Manmohan, Digvijay, Kapil, Rahul and Sonia. Nobody wants to idolize them. Hate these people.
I experienced two different situations when it was really urgent for me to go to Bank personally for getting 6 month Bank statement for Visa processing. I have an account both in private sector bank and public sector bank. Private sector bank is not that large as compare to public sector bank. Ok this is not making sense. Let me give the names. I have account in Citi Bank and State Bank of India. Now people in India knows which bank is bigger. For those who do not know, Citi Bank (Citi) does not have large number of branches as compare to State Bank of India (SBI) and SBI is one of the oldest bank in India.
Scene 1 – Visit to Citi Bank (M.G. Road Branch)
I entered Bank, and found the temperature pretty cool as compared to outside. It was a hot day. It is a two floor branch in which ground floor is for the customer care and first floor is for all the transactions. I find a lovely looking lady sitting on her seat working on something and there was a plate in which “May I help you” is written. So I went to her and
Me: Excuse me!
Me: I want my Bank Statement for the last 6 months.
Lady: Sir, you need to write the application. Here is the page, have a seat and write it.
(I wrote the application and gave it to her)
Me: Here is the application. (I saw her concentrating on something seems to be very important)
Lady: Sir, I am counting something very important. Can you give me 2 minutes?
Me: Ya sure, take your time.
(After 5 minutes)
Lady: Sorry for the delay Sir.
Me: Its Ok!
(She entered my account number and gave the print command)
Lady: Sir, our printer is upstairs. You can collect your statement from there and get it stamped from me.
(I went upstairs and got the printouts. I went downstairs again, got my statement stamped and signed. I thanked her and came outside.)
Scene 2 – Visit to SBI (The great Indian bank for common people)
I entered the branch and it was chaos all over. There was no AC working. I was lost and couldn’t understand whom should I ask for bank statement. I found a man sitting on his chair working on something. His age seems to be more than 45.
Me: Uncle Ji! (Ji is for respect given to people who are above our age)
Man: (Without saying anything)
Me: Mujhe apni bank statement chahiye last 6 months ki. (I want my bank statement for the last 6 months)
Man: Account kis branch mei hai? (Which is your home branch?)
Me: Koramangala Branch
Man: Wahin se milegi. (Go there, you will get it from there only)
Me: (in my mind): WTF!
(I thought of asking the same thing to the bank manager who was sitting some seats away busy in discussion with somebody)
I tried to enter his cabin. I thought may be he will ask me about the problem. But he ignored. My friend who was with me from the start said: Yahaan kuch nahi hone waala. Chal..(This place is useless. Lets go!) I agreed and we came out. I cursed the public sector banks and said to my friend, that is why these banks are so backward.
There is a bank whose ambiance was superb and services are world class. Even though I do not have my account on this branch but they gave me my bank statement. And then there is this bank who does not care about their customers. Its only our last choice that we have to open accounts in these banks so as to approve different services. These public sector banks really sucks!!
I picked up this trick from one of the msdn blog and I have found it useful on many occasions so I thought that I would share it.
In Visual Studio, go to the Tools menu and click the External Tools menu item. This will bring up the External Tools dialog. The image below shows the information that I have added to add a new menu item called ‘Get SN Public Token’.
The command is the path to sn.exe which can be in different places depending on your VS version. The easiest way to find it is to open a VS Command Prompt and type “where sn.exe”.
The arguments field is set to -T and then the $(TargetPath) variable. The “Use Output Window” option is checked so that the results will be shown in the VS output window. After clicking OK, this will be enabled as a menu item as shown below.
The output for this command will be displayed in the output window. This also works if you have multiple projects in the same solution. Just highlight the project in Solution Explorer and then click the menu item.Happy Coding>;-)
Once a man was waiting for a taxi.
A beggar came along and asked him for some money. The man ignored him. But
being a professional, the beggar kept on pestering him. The man became
irritated when he realized that the beggar would not leave him alone unless
he parts with some money.
Suddenly an idea struck him.He told the beggar, “I do not have money, but
if you tell me what you want to do with the money, I will certainly help
you.” “I would have bought a cup of tea”, replied the beggar.
The man said, “Sorry man. I can offer you a cigarette instead of tea”. He
then took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and offered one to the
The beggar told, “I don’t smoke as it is injurious to health.”
The man smiled and took a bottle of whisky from his pocket and told the
beggar, “Here, take this bottle and enjoy the stuff. It is really good”.
The beggar refused by saying, “Alcohol muddles the brain and damages the
The man smiled again. He told the beggar, “I am going to the race
course.Come with me and I will arrange for some tickets and we will place
bets. If we win, you take the whole amount and leave me alone”.
As before, the beggar politely refused the latest offer by saying, “Sorry
sir, I can’t come with you as betting on horses is a bad habit.”
Suddenly the man felt relieved and asked the beggar to come to his home
with him. Finally, the beggar’s face lit up in anticipation of receiving at
least something from the man. But he still had his doubts and asked the
man, “Why do you want me to go to your house with you”.
The man replied, “I always wanted to show my wife how a man with no bad
habits will look like.”
This really happened at Paris Airport
One Indian passenger named Anantharaman Subbaraman arrived at Paris airport.
He ended up waiting for his visa for about 2 hrs for the authorities to call his name…
Finally, he got wild and went to the Paris Visa authorities and shouted why they haven’t called his name yet.
They retaliated and claimed that they have been calling him for the last hour and a half ………. and were wondering why he hadn’t responded!
The reason was made clear when the Paris immigration officer
announced his name again on the microphone as :
‘Another man , Super man’…:D
A kindergarten teacher has decided to let her class play a game.
The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes.
Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates,
So the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates.
So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes; some 3 while some up to 5 potatoes. The teacher then told the children to carry with them the potatoes in the plastic bag wherever they go (even to the toilet) for 1 week.
Days after days passed by, and the children started to complain due to the unpleasant smell let out by the rotten potatoes. Besides, those having 5 potatoes also had to carry heavier bags. After 1 week, the children were relieved because the game had finally ended….
The teacher asked: “How did you feel while carrying the potatoes with you for 1 week?”. The children let out their frustrations and started complaining of the trouble that they had to go through having to carry the heavy and smelly potatoes wherever they go.
Then the teacher told them the hidden meaning behind the game. The teacher said: “This is exactly the situation when you carry your hatred for somebody inside your heart. The stench of hatred will contaminate your heart and you will carry it with you wherever you go. If you cannot tolerate the smell of rotten potatoes for just 1 week, can you imagine what is it like to have the stench of hatred in your heart for your lifetime???”
Moral of the story:
THROW AWAY ANY HATRED FOR ANYONE FROM YOUR HEART SO THAT YOU WILL NOT CARRY SINS FOR A LIFETIME. FORGIVING OTHERS IS THE BEST ATTITUDE TO TAKE!
TRUE LOVE IS NOT LOVING A PERFECT PERSON BUT LOVING AN IMPERFECT PERSON PERFECTLY!!
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS3.0) comes free with Windows Server 2003.
- WSS 3.0 offers all the standard site templates to build team sites, document workspaces, blank sites, blogs, wikis, and meeting workspaces.
- WSS 3.0 can be used to create people and group lists.
- You can integrate WSS 3.0 sites with Access 2007, Excel 2007, Outlook 2007, Word 2007 and PowerPoint 2007.
- It also serves as a platform for application development. Including such IT resources as portals, team workspaces, e-mail, presence awareness, and Web based conferencing, Windows SharePoint Services enables users to locate distributed information quickly and efficiently, as well as connect to and work with others more productively.
- Create Site Collection: Select template will give minimum options it’s like Collaboration and Meetings.
Advantages MOSS 2007 has over WSS 3.0:
- Support User Profiles: Users could store profile information.
- Site Manager: Provided with Drag and Drop functionality to manage navigation and other web parts.
- Enterprise Search Tools: Tools to search SharePoint sites and portals across entire enterprise.
- Business Data Catalog (BDC): Enabling access and interaction with external data from business application.
- Data Search: Search data information from your business application using BDC.
- Data Web Parts: One could view the list and related information could be retrieve through BDC.
- Business Document Workflow Support: Using workflow applications document review, approval, signature collection, and tracking could be automated.
- Retention and Auditing Policies: Allows customized information management policy to control retention period and auditing.
- Spreadsheet Publishing: Allows user to share information with others and interact with published Spreadsheets.
- Managing Spreadsheets: Access to spreadsheet data and analysis. Could protect data information in spreadsheets.
- Excel Services for Web-based BI: Interactive, data-bound spreadsheets including charts, pivot-tables, tables could be shared easily.
- Report Management: Reports, spreadsheets, and data could be managed consistently.
- Key Performance Indicators: KPI web part could connect to analysis services, Spreadsheets, SharePoint lists and manually entered data.
- Email Notifications: Users could be notified by emails, for improved triggering and filtering.
- Single Sign On: User could sign on to multiple applications with single user id and password.
- Support to Personal Website: User could create personal web sites.
- Content Syndication: Use of RSS feeds to syndicate content managed in portal site.